Friday, January 28, 2011

Not Impressive, and Yet

Hey all,

I'll keep this short and a least depressing as possible.

Lately I haven't been up to any serious work at all. It's depressed me slightly, mostly because I don't know how to fix it. It seems like I never come up with a painting idea that seems like it will be interesting in any way, shape, or form. I don't know if that has to do with my attention span or just my thought process. Having no way to solve this problem, it's went on for a couple weeks, but today I looked through my DA and noticed that someone I really like on my devWatch had updated. She hadn't updated in a while so I was pretty excited and I hadn't seen her work lately. The image wasn't very interested, but I forgot how much I loved the way she painted, something about it just made the piece interesting for me. I suddenly REALLY wanted to paint, even if it was something boring, with strokes like that it could be interesting.

So today at work I'm gonna make a list of everything I think of to draw and finally get my butt in gear and make something, ANYTHING to get me practising painting and finishing a piece again.

Hope everyone else is going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment