Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sketches this Week

Hey again,

This week has been... interesting. Yesterday I spent almost all day trying to figure out what inspired me and coming up pretty empty handed except for admiring Amano's inkwork. Problem with that is, I wanted to make a watercolour piece so that doesn't help. I'm finding I am more interested in techniques than subject matters so there are all these things I want to try, but nothing to try them on. I want to do some serious work, but I can't seem to find a topic I really want to put that much time into. It's very frustrating and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Anyways, here's what I've sketched with this week:





Last one is pretty much me drawing stuff from my Amano book. I actually have had a huge fear of drawing anything Vampire Hunter D related since I like it so much so this was me kind of working through that. Bottom left girl is just me playing with inking though.

See ya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment