Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sketches this Week

Okay, they aren't all from this week, but they are still never before posted. My poor Deviant art is neglected...

For a while there I was going to the local coffee shop and sketching what I saw outside the window or off the terrace. It was nice. Yes, I still have that green sketchbook A-2 gave me, I never seem to be able to keep stuff to one book or even to a book. Usually I'll just grab what's around and draw on that. I don't mind though, the sketches are mine and it's not like I have to format or display them. The one with colour was just me trying to get back to doing something in colour, I have been doing a lot of rough sketches then leaving them. A lot. Ummm, the creature in dark red/pink, that was from when I came home this week and felt very frustrated so I whipped her up. Just played around with the shading today, but I hope to finish it and focus on values so there shouldn't be any colour. Colour seems to distract me a lot so I've decided I should think more about light and value. Perhaps I'll get off my lazy butt and do more finished work. Oh, forgot, the tree trunk. I did that yesterday because I realized I had no idea exactly how to draw bark or trees as they enter the grass. It turned out better than I expected.







On a completely different note, the other day I ran into a fantastic blog by the wondrous James Gurney. I suggest you all check it out. He seems to update his blog every day, which blows my mind. It's nicely set up and talks about a variety of different things, which is fun. It made me realize how lacking in interest my blog is, but hey, I do what I can; I'm not gonna compete with his organizational skills.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment